วันศุกร์ที่ 16 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2553

Healthy Soda Substitutions

Who doesn't love the tingly, cool feeling of carbonated soda? The bubbly liquid quenches my thirst and satisfies my taste buds. It is a guilty pleasure for many of us, and the many different flavors present us with endless options as far as selection is concerned. There's the classic cola, flavored sodas in all varieties of fruit, root beer, cream soda, and so many other different kinds to possibly enjoy. No wonder it's a multi-billion dollar industry - people absolutely love it.

The sweetness of these soft drinks is something I crave too, despite my urges to limit my intake. I have come to anticipate a cool, refreshing liquid break in my day and have one almost daily. But, sadly, I've had to cut down on my soda intake as of late. As hard as it's been, I have my reasons and I believe they're good ones.

The sugary fix of soda packs a lot of calories and causes weight gain. It also leads to cavities and ups and downs in energy levels as the sugar rush is followed by a crash. Replacing soda with a few other options has allowed me to keep my smile, my weight, my energy level, and my refreshing break.

If you enjoy soda as much as I do, but do not like the negative impacts, consider trying some of my favorite replacement drinks. Over time, you may just like them better than your usual soda.

One alternative to sugar-filled sodas is club soda. Club soda is sugar-free and calorie-free. It has the refreshing carbonated feel of soda without the negative effects of sugar.

Carbonated fruit drinks are another of my favorites. Carbonated fruit drinks offer more flavor than club soda, but do not have the sugar of regular soda. It's important to find a brand that is completely natural with no additives. Fizzy Lizzy is one of my favorites.

If you are looking for something with caffeine, give green tea a try. Green tea is documented to have health benefits due to its' antioxidants, and the herbal quality of the tea can be very relaxing. Lemon or natural sweeteners can be added to make it even more appealing.

Substituting one or more of these beverages in place of soda can make a large difference in your overall health. You'll even feel better as your body adjusts and gets used to your new habits. Are you ready to make a small change that will have big benefits?

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: